Friday, December 2, 2011

What's HOT, What's NOT - Week I

Hot:

Spray Paint. 
That right, spray paint.  
This week I have used the new latex spray paint to turn an ugly desk into a white gleaming beauty in 2 hours.
Light reflective silver paint to turn old berry stems into magnificent yule creations.
And, since the wind was blowing and I never dress properly for projects, I now have black boots with a sparkly silver dip-dye look.

Zach Wahls.
Young man that anyone would be proud to call son.  Not only is he well spoken and mature he also believes that taking a stand for what he believes in is his responsibility.

Bettie.
Newest member of the family.  Bettie the brindle was so adorable that C & T drove 4 hours to get her.  We are so happy to have her little pug mug.


Chess.
Well chess isn't all that "hot" but it is when your 8 year old nephew plays it.  


_____________________________________________________________________________



NOT HOT

Herman Cain.
Seriously. Really?  Again?
I mean allegedly.  But when exactly was the last time a politician was accused of sexual misconduct and it WASN'T true?  hmm?  Geesh-just wait until you are in the Oval Office.  Secret Service make the best wing-men.



Vasovagal Syncope.
Particularly not hot.  This is when your strong, athletic and healthy son passes out at the Thanksgiving table and you get to call 911.  Like I said - not hot.  Not cool.
It also happens to be commonly known by pretty much every single person I have come into contact with in the last 5 days.  
I have never heard of it.  
Hope I never do again.


Inflatable Christmas Decorations.
These should be banned. They drive me insane. I do all my errands during the day so all I see, house after house are dead Santas, Snowmen, and the worst - uninflated Mary lying over Baby Jesus smothering him.  
It is scary and it is wrong. Take them down.

There you have it.  Once a week I will tell you what I like and what I don't.  If I offend, comment - I love a good debate.  I hope you enjoyed, learned a little and at least smiled once or twice.  I know I had fun.
~That One Mom











1 comment:

  1. "the worst - uninflated Mary lying over Baby Jesus smothering him ..."

    I couldn't agree more, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete