Friday, December 16, 2011

Hot and NOT (a compilation) - Week III

Hot and Not:

Timothy Richard "Tim" Tebow
Apparently this guy is HOT.  Since I have not heard of him before this week, he's on my radar.  Yes, that's true - I watch the debates, and CNN, as well as ESPN when my teenage son forgets to change the channel and I cannot find the remote.  He prays on the sidelines before a football game and Rick Perry wants to be him.  I have also an unusual number of FB friend statuses referencing him.  I felt it necessary enough to do some research.
So this guy is not that hot at throwing a football (or at least having it caught), or with the ladies in "that way" since he is a virgin Christian (but does an unusual amount of shirtless photo shoots).  He is hot because he wears his religion on his sleeve, and is a good role model.  NOT hot because I have seen numerous role models before and am a little skittish about calling a human one easily.
Is Tim Tebow hot?  I guess it is determined on what you feel is HOT.  Flash in the pan? - jury is still out.

Santa.
If you read my last post - and you ask my youngest daughter - NOT hot.  However for most people, Santa is hot.  He helps parents get things done, without fight, over the holiday season.  Threatening is everything in the Santa celebrating crowd.  I get it, I've used it, it is hot when you can, not hot when you can't.  Frankly, I think we have elevated Santa to too HOT for my liking.  After all, he may be magical like the Tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, but is he really?  When is too much too much?  I received my answer this week, from a four-year old.  Santa is too much.  He is also hot and not, elevated to rockstar status, just to have him fall at the non-Santa believing age.  The Holidays (and yes I say "The Holidays" because I have sensitivity to those that do not celebrate a tree, St. Nick and midnight mass) is about many things, most of all, family.  Family is HOT.



Primary Presidential Debates.
Again, Hot and Not.  Hot because I'd like to see who may be the President, not because I am afraid who may be nominated.  I am not a "party voter" I am fiscally-ish conservative and socially liberal (ok - slightly socailly Über-Liberal).  I do not think that spending more money than we have as a country is any different than spending more money than we have as a family.  Do we sometimes - sure.  Should we?  No.  when we do we have to face consequences, not hot.  Definitely not hot, but not not hot, because it gets us back on track and reminds us that material things are not life, that there are much more important things. We also raise our children to be more socially aware, that when we may not see groups as any different than us in the family setting that others do and we should take a stand. 
Although the recent Republican debates I see as a mish-mash of hatred spewing finger pointing waste of time but still worth the watch happenings.  I want to see who may very well be the next President of the United States.  Hot, not so much, Not hot - well with over 10M participants in actual watching or tweeting or FB in a given two hour debate - I'd say for any educated person it is definitely hot.  Let's just be happy this is not 2015 - because it is all on the table potentially.  All that is Holy in Heaven - help us - because it will be ugly.




~That One Mom











No comments:

Post a Comment